- 500g of lamb cut into pieces
- 50g of pancetta or unsmoked bacon
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/4 of a stalk of celery
- 1/4 of carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bunch of marjoram
- 1 spoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 50g of tomato paste that you dilute into 1/2 lt of water
- 1 red chili pepper
- Flour, salt, and pepper
- Place the oil into a terracotta dish, add the garlic, once translucent add the lamb.
- Let the lamb golden into a very high heat then remove it and place it aside.
- Add now the carrot, celery, onion, pancetta, that you sliced into the food processor and also add the marjoram.
- Add the wine and let evaporate.
- Add now the tomato sauce, chili pepper, the lamb you placed aside, salt and pepper and let it cook slowly for 30 to 40 minutes.
- you wish to make this sauce denser add 1 teaspoon of flour as soon you add the pancetta.
- you can give extra flavours by using juniper berries & bay leaves (a very small amount)