SFORMATO DUE COLORI
Souffle of Spinach and Carrots
- 80g of flour
- 80g of butter
- 100g of grated parmesan
- ½ liter of milk
- 6 eggs
- Salt pepper, nutmeg
- 800g fresh spinach, cooked and chopped
- 100g of fresh cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 500f of cooked carrot
- 25cm molded tin
- Heat the milk.
- Melt the butter, add the sieved flour away from the heat.
- Once the flour is absorbed, return to heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add all milk, stirring till you get the right consistency.
- Return to heat, stirring till come to boil.
- Remove away from heat, add parmesan, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add all eggs one by one. Stir all the time till all ingredients are well amalgamated.
- Divide the béchamel into 2 equal parts.
- Add the spinach, cream, and yolk to one bechamel.
- Add the carrot to the other bechamel.
- Salt and pepper both accordingly.
- Butter the oven dish and dust with flour.
- Place the carrot béchamel on the dish.
- Then add slowly the spinach béchamel with a spoon so it will not mix with the carrot layer.
- Cook on a preheated oven 180C for 50 minutes.